CPOA Offers $500 Academic Scholarship
Submissions Due by April 25
Published March 26, 2012 @ 6 a.m.
The Caprock Peace Officers’ Association would like to recognize and provide financial assistance to a select graduating senior from the Caprock area advancing into a college education. As law enforcement officers, we often encounter persons in need of assistance. So many times, after help has been rendered, we never know the benefit we may have provided, nor do we know the resulting outcome of that person's journey. Through the CPOA Academic Scholarship, we will have the benefit of knowing that assistance has been given to a deserving individual, regardless of their chosen degree or profession. The Association’s goal is that the recipient will continue to be a respected member in their community, during their college enrollment, and within their chosen future profession.
The eligibility requirements for the $500 CPOA Academic Scholarship include:
1) Candidate must be a graduating high school senior whose high school is within the ESC Region 17 (comprised of Bailey, Borden, Cochran, Cottle, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens, Floyd, Gaines, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Kent, King, Lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Motley, Terry, and Yoakum)
2) Candidate must be a graduating high school senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA at time of graduation;
3) Candidate must attend an accredited college or university within one (1) year upon receipt of notification of scholarship award;
4) Candidate must submit a letter of endorsement from a local law enforcement official of candidate’s choosing. The letter should include a description of the candidate’s character and community involvement (if applicable). Letters must be presented on the law enforcement official’s agency letterhead; and
5) Candidate must submit a 500-word, type-written essay on the following topic:
Describe how you have been a servant to your community and how you plan to continue achieving this goal.
The essay should be submitted via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25, 2012. Endorsement letters will also need to be received by April 25, 2012. Please allow ample time for mail delivery! Submissions received after this date will not be given consideration.