FSA County Committee Voting Begins for LAA #2
Published Nov. 8, 2012 @ 6:39 p.m.
Ballots for this year’s county committee election will be mailed to eligible voters on Nov. 5, 2012. Voters must complete their ballots and return them to the Farm Service Agency county office by the close of business on Dec. 3, 2012. If mailed, ballots must be postmarked by midnight Dec. 3, 2012.
The candidates in this year’s election in LAA #2 in Garza County are:
* Marsha Norman of the Close City community
* Dicky Wallace of the Graham community
Eligible voters in local administrative area #2 who have not received a ballot should contact the FSA county office staff.
Voter Requirements Persons meeting requirements in 1 or 2, plus 3, below, is eligible to vote:
1. Be of legal voting age and have an interest in a farm or ranch as any of the following:
* An individual
* The authorized representative of an entity
* Both spouses when property is owned jointly
* Spouses in community property states.
2. Is not of legal voting age, but supervises and conducts the farming operations on an entire farm.
3. Participates or cooperates in any FSA program that is provided by law.
Discrimination Prohibited No person shall be denied the right to vote because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital or family status.